Incentives Programs for Thayer County Businesses
Distance Learning & Telemedicine Grants
The Distance Learning and Telemedicine program helps rural communities use the unique capabilities of telecommunications to connect to each other and to the world, overcoming the effects of remoteness and low population density. For example, this program can link teachers and medical service providers in one area to students and patients in another.
Who may apply?
For both programs, eligible applicants include most entities that provide education or health care through telecommunications, including:
- Most State and local governmental entities
- Federally-recognized Tribes
- For-profit businesses
- Consortia of eligible entities
DLT 100% grant applications are accepted through a competitive process.
How may the funds be used?
Grant funds may be used for:
- Acquisition of eligible capital assets, such as:
- Broadband facilities
- Audio, video and interactive video equipment
- Terminal and data terminal equipment
- Computer hardware, network components and software
- Inside wiring and similar infrastructure that further DLT services
- Acquisition of instructional programming that is a capital asset
- Acquisition of technical assistance and instruction for using eligible equipment
What kinds of funding are available?
Grant-only funds, awarded through a nationally competitive process – 15% match required
What are the grant terms?
A minimum 15% match is required for grant-only awards (cannot be from another federal source)
USDA Rural Development
Phone: (202) 720-0800
Category: USDA Rural Development, Federal Programs
More USDA Rural Development, Federal Programs
Rural Energy for America Program Renewable Energy Systems & Energy Efficiency Improvement Loans & Grants