Support Our Local Economy with Your Holiday Shopping and Donation Dollars
10 Nov 2022
One of the ways economic development enhances the quality of life is through community efforts. November is National Entrepreneurship Month and the start of the holiday season, which is annually the biggest shopping season. This is the perfect time to remind Thayer County residents to support and shop locally for your personal, professional, and holiday necessities and gifts.
November’s Special Shopping Days
The more we support and shop locally, the more unique our community becomes to attract new residents, businesses, and visitors, while strengthening and stabilizing our local economy. Money spent by our community within our community is recycled, reinvested, repurposed, and multiplied.
As you plan your monthly shopping, visit, support, and shop locally on these specific days:
- November 15, 2022 - National Entrepreneurship Day - Thank a business for being here and support an entrepreneur for their courage to live their dream.
- November 25, 2022 - Black Friday - Help local businesses that may be in the red, get in the black before the end of the year and save money at the same time.
- November 26, 2022 - Small Business Saturday - Let our small businesses know how much we appreciate them and Shop Small. If not shopping, visit a small business and give them a smile.
- November 27, 2022 - Small Business Sunday - An extension of Small Business Saturday. If you can’t make it on Saturday, try Sunday.
- November 28, 2022 - Cyber Monday - Online shopping at Black Friday prices. For more information regarding local & state benefits earned by supporting remote sellers and Marketplace Facilitators, research Nebraska’s 2019 LB 284.
- November 29, 2022 - Giving Tuesday - Globally recognized as a donation day to charitable causes and nonprofit organizations.
The holiday season is also a time of togetherness. Nothing spells togetherness better than community. Part of Thayer County’s identity is a strong community spirit. We rise together by working together.
November 29, 2022, is Big Give Thayer County Day! This is a first for Thayer County and we are excited! This day is dedicated to supporting participating charities and nonprofits throughout Thayer County. We are in the finalization phase, so here is what is in place:
- Online donations can be made at BigGiveThayerCounty.org
- Online and in-person donations start November 15, 2022. In-person donations can be dropped off at the following locations:
- Bruning Bank, Bruning
- Western National Bank, Chester
- Midwest Bank and Spring Creek Model Trains, Deshler
- Thayer County Bank and City of Hebron office, Hebron
- Online donations end at 11:59 pm, November 29, 2022
Last-Chance Donation Day & Celebration
The Big Give Thayer County Day celebration will be held from 11 am - 6 pm on November 29, 2022, at the Stastny Center in Hebron. This will also be the last chance and sole location for in-person donations.
Join us to celebrate ongoing and upcoming projects, tireless charity efforts, and our community coming together as one for a positive economic goal. All projects and nonprofits will have booths and displays for you to speak with volunteers and learn how your donation dollars will benefit each project/cause.
The event will include:
- Free sloppy joe lunch from 11:00 am-1:00 pm, or until gone
- Raffles and cookies throughout the day
As we move closer to the date, more information will be made available at Big Give Thayer County Day’s Facebook page.